Civil War Landscapes Association (CWLA):
Copyright, Restrictions, and Permissions Notice.
- Generally, materials (photographs, drawings, cartographic illustrations, and text) on the CWLA website are in the public domain and may be used without permission, according to the "fair use" provisions of the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code). In such cases, if you copy/download such materials from the CWLA website, we ask that you credit Civil War Landscapes Association as the source and we would appreciate prior notification, in writing. However, not all materials appearing on the CWLA website are in the public domain:
- 1. Some materials on our website are the property of Civil War Landscapes Association, and may be subject to restrictions. Permission for use of these materials should be obtained directly from Civil War Landscapes Association.
- 2. Some materials on our website have been obtained from other organizations, as noted. Permission for use of these materials should be obtained directly from those organizations.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to identify the appropriate copyright owner and to obtain permission before making use of this material in any way. If you have questions about this process, please contact Civil War Landscapes Association.
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If you use a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," you may be liable for copyright infringement.
Internet Links to the Civil War Landscapes Association website.
- Links may be made to the CWLA website from other personal and organizational web pages. We request that you link to our site rather than downloading portions of it to another web server, so that your viewers will see our most up-to-date information.
Correctness of Information.
- Civil War Landscapes Association works hard to ensure the information provided on our website is accurate and complete, with the proviso that our website is under development and routinely updated with additional data or new documentation. However, it is possible that some Civil War information may change prior to the updating of the CWLA website. We welcome your suggestions on how to improve our website and correct errors.
- Some of the documents on the CWLA website may contain "links" to information created and maintained by other organizations, on other websites. Civil War Landscapes Association does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of the outside materials.
- Because Civil War Landscapes Association does not know how visitors are using information found on our website, we do not make any express or implied warranties about the information contained on this website for your particular use. We disclaim these warranties to the full extent provided by state and Federal law, including, but not limited to the warranties for merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. All indirect, consequential, implied, punitive and special damages are deemed waived if you use the information on the CWLA website in any manner.
Disclaimer of Endorsement.
- Reference to specific commercial businesses, products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, on the Civil War Landscapes Association website does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Civil War Landscapes Association.
- The CWLA website provides "links" from our web pages to external websites because they provide information that may interest our visitors. This is provided as a convenience only. External links do not constitute an endorsement by Civil War Landscapes Association of the opinions, products, or services presented on the external site, or of any sites linked to it. Civil War Landscapes Association is not responsible for the legality or accuracy of information on externally linked sites, or for any costs incurred while using externally linked sites.