Civil War Landscapes Association (CWLA):
Was established as a not-for-profit corporation by the State of Illinois, United States of America, on July 7, 1999. Civil War Landscapes Association is exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Our objective is to develop a computer database of original photographic and cartographic materials, and primary source documents in the public domain concerning the American Civil War, its causes, events, and aftermaths, and to distribute these instructional resources to the public primarily through, but not limited to, the Internet, the World-Wide Web (WWW), CD-ROM, video, and other electronic publication formats.
Our website's content emphasizes the historical significance of the battlefields in the United States National Park System, aiming to bring these Civil War locales into homes, schools, and libraries to educate the public about these most important places and the events that took place there.
Board Of Directors
- Dr. McGuire Gibson, Professor, The Oriental Institute, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois.
- M. Hill Hammock, Chairman, Chicago Deferred Exchange Company, Chicago, Illinois.
- Dr. Brigitte Treumann, Resources 2000, Chicago, Illinois.
- Karen Indeck, Art Historian, Independent Curator & Writer, Chicago, Illinois.
- John C. Sanders, Senior Research Associate, The Oriental Institute, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois.
revised: February 19, 2012
created: June 15, 1999
© 1999 Civil War Landscapes Association - All Rights Reserved.